Rob,

My original inquiry was to see if you or anyone else knew of any serious
gotchas using OC-LAN. Recently, we added a Dev/DR box and located it in
basically a lights-out facility, We needed a remote console for the
occasional administrative tasks and decided to load OC-LAN on an older
laptop and tuck it into the rack there. Here, I loaded OC-LAN on my laptop
and I'm able to run a console over a VPN connection from anywhere I can
get Internet access that allows VPN connections (Office, Home, Coffee Shop,
etc.). This setup has been working well for us but frankly since there are
very few tasks that require a console I don't use it that often. The OC-LAN
can be loaded on multiple PCs but only one at a time can be an active
console. I've heard of others having problems getting the initial setup
configured but, like most setups, if you RTFM and carefully follow the
directions it's not that difficult.

Kind regards,

BJ