From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chad Carroll
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 4:29 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: VISTA issues with Netserver

Lukas,

Using gpedit I found the setting you mentioned. They
are the same settings you can access by runing
secpol.msc.

So I found the following settings below relating to
what you are talking about. How are you saying they
need to be set to work properly with the netshare?

I set them all to enabled, then ran gpupdate and
tried, it did not work. I switched them all to
disabled and ran gpupdate, and still no change. I then
put them all at the windows default, still no change.

Thank you for the help.

Domain member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure
channel data (always)
Domain member: Digitally encrypt secure channel data
(when possible)
Domain member: Digitally sign secure channel data
(when possible)

Microsoft network client: Digitally sign
communications (always)
Microsoft network client: Digitally sign
communications (if server agrees)

Microsoft network server: Digitally sign
communications (always)
Microsoft network server: Digitally sign
communications (if client agrees)

--- Lukas Beeler <l.beeler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You should use gpedit.msc, not the group policy
managment console.

Every machines has a local set of group policies,
which you might want
to edit, or at least look at to find a possible
culprit. Most of windows
intrinsic details can be changed using group
policies - this also holds
true for non-domain machines.