Try here ---->  http://tinyurl.com/2w3xcn

On 2/20/07, Chris Templar <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi.
    I have a brand new Lexmark T642 that has been set up on the network by
IP Address. I have setup the printer on the as400 as I would a standard
printer but with LAN & IP in the setup. The as400 keeps coming back with
re-trying connection over and over again. I can ping the printer from dos
and have also been able to print from windows so the printer itself is
working. I have tried different ports in the printer setup on the as400 such
as IPDS, RAW, and SNMP. All come back the same as trying to reconnect. I
also made sure the ports on the physical printer were set to unsecure/secure
incase the port was blocking communication from the as400. My belief is that
the way I am trying to set it up is wrong and there must be something else
needed. I am assuming there must be a step by step guide or advice from
someone to setting up an IP printer like this, but can't really find
anything that helps. One website did mention something about remote printing
for an HP IP printer but no
step by step. My experience with the as400 is still in it's infancy. Has
anyone run into this before and have an answer they could share? I don't
want to physically connect this printer to a dummy terminal just to make it
work on the as400.

Thanks
Chris Templar
list