From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
bill.howie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:18 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Question about IFS and password synchronization

Hello all........

I have a question that I have seen answered in the newsgroups before but
not since the advent of Windows XP.  We have an application set up that
archives our daily invoices to PDF files in a folder on the IFS.  Then,
when a user needs to access a past invoice, they have a Windows mapped
drive that points to this particular IFS folder.  Our problem is (and I
am sure you can see where this is headed) when the user changes their
iSeries password they cannot reconnect to the mapped drive without a
reboot and a re-mapping of the drive.  In the past posts I have seen how
this can be handled, but they were always within older versions of
Windows.  Does anyone have experience with how to handle this on Windows
XP?

Alternatively, I know there is a way to set up Ops Nav with a shortcut
so that the user could go right to the particular IFS directory.
However, when you attempt to open one of the PDFs through Ops Nav, you
get a
"program error occurred" dialog box.   Would Ops Nav be an alternative
that
would circumvent the password issue if I can figure out why I can't open
a PDF through Ops Nav?  Does anyone know how to fix the Ops Nav error?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.