Actually I thought that all of the Colleges, etc..., had dropped it.  It
was a surprise to hear about the one in Mankato still going.  From what I
have heard, even most of the schools on the northern and western side of
Wisconson had dropped it as well.

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct  (320) 679-6683
Toll free  (800) 388-2155  ext. 6683
Fax  (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"albartell" <albartell@xxxxxxxxx>
01/24/07 02:27 PM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: giving an iSeries system to each college

CALL TO ACTION...If you want to see System i education offered in your
area, GET INVOLVED

It would be nice to be able to assess the situation a little more and gain
insight to where we could even apply our skills and donate our time.  I
was
surprised at Nick's statement of Mankato MN being the last tech college in
MN that offers iSeries/RPG specific curriculum - is that really the case
Nick?  It would be cool to have a page on ibm.com devoted to the success
stories so the wheel doesn't need to be recreated.  I am guessing the one
in
Kansas has some formidable support and man hours put into it, what about
the
staff that is already stretched too thin?  How can they best leverage
upcoming programs?  How can they best get in touch with area businesses
that
are running i5's to find people to donate their time?

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com