Hi folks

Well, it had to happen. After years of OS/400 upgrades one of our
(very few) Windows 3.11 machines no longer talks to our iSeries. The
PC is running Client Access version 3.1, and the matching
5763XK1/5763XC1 - Client Access/400 for Windows 3.1 licensed programs
are still on the iSeries.

The PC can see NetServer shares folders, but the old client access
feature of mapping a drive letter direct to QDLS folders (using
\\SYSNAME) no longer works. All we see in File Manager (takes me back)
is a message to say nothing found. The PC uses ODBC to retrieve data
from the iSeries, and that fails too. Standard Client Access file
transfers still work, and once we'd tweaked the 5250 settings that
worked to. On Friday with the iSeries running V5R2 all had been well.
We have another similar system that doesn't use odbc (just shared
folders/*dtaq support) and that has been working okay.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone else has such archaic systems
connecting to a V5R4 system, and encountered similar issues I'd
appreciate hearing any work-arounds you might have found.
Unfortunately for us, the PC is running a 3rd party DOS app, with a
VB(3) wrapper, so we can't migrate it.

Regards, Martin