Apple dropped "Computer" from their name, becoming just Apple, Inc., this year,
reflecting their transition into consumer electronics.

Quoting from IBM's quarterly report:

"IBM signed services contracts totaling $17.8 billion,
up 55 percent year over year, and ended the full year with an
estimated services backlog, including Strategic Outsourcing, Business
Transformation Outsourcing, Global Business Services, Integrated
Technology Services and Maintenance, of $116 billion, an increase of
$5 billion from the prior-year period."

I have a hard time thinking in terms of billions of dollars, but when you
compare quarterly service contracts of $17.8 billion, and an annual services
backlog of $116 billion, to annual System i revenue of approximately $2
billion, you get a better perspective of where IBM's priorities lie.

We've heard it before, but the numbers support the notion that IBM has become a
services company.  They could almost get away with dropping the "M" from "IBM",
and just go with International Business, Inc.

Nathan M. Andelin

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html