Not if, as Walden pointed out, both the PF and LF are in the same library *and* the PF is copied first.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i5/iSeries Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.995.7024
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Alan Shore wrote:
Sorry Brian - I think you are wrong as far as the CRTDUPOBJ of the Logical
is concerned.
I THINK (underline this word) that the logical in QTEMP will in fact be
joined to the physical in the PRODUCTION library and NOT the physical in
QTEMP.

Alan Shore

NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx

Brian <system.i.lists@g mail.com> To Sent by: "Midrange Systems Technical midrange-l-bounce Discussion" s+alanshore=nbty. <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> com@xxxxxxxxxxxx cc Subject 01/10/2007 01:41 Re: Creating a physical AND Logical PM file Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@midra nge.com>

Alan,

Let me make it a little more clearer... :)

CRTDUPOBJ OBJ(MYPHYSICAL) FROMLIB(MYLIB) OBJTYPE(*FILE) TOLIB(QTEMP)
DATA(*NO)
CRTDUPOBJ OBJ(MYLOGICAL)  FROMLIB(MYLIB) OBJTYPE(*FILE) TOLIB(QTEMP)

This will give you a duplicate of your physical in qtemp without any
records
and a logical in qtemp that is using the physical in qtemp as its based on
physical file. If you are on a late enough release you can also specify
*LIBL for the FROMLIB parameter.

Kind regards,

BJ