   I can only suggest some places to go look, to find complications.
   You are such an icon of the world of AS/400 experts, humble me hesitates
   to even THINK I can tell you anything you not already know.

   While in WRKUSRPRF you can
   1. COPY the first user to a second one that is identical, except for name
   & password.
   2. Call up the list of whatever is owned by the first user & change all
   that to be owned by the new user, except message queue or anything else
   that has same name as user.

   I consider that easy as pie.

   the challenge is if there is anything in your system that does things like
     * run automatic schedule in user name ... we have reports many people
       use, that run in the name of a former co-worker ... it was easier for
       me to disable the ability of that person to be able to sign on, than
       move the schedules to new people, after I had done the move a dozen
       times, and it was getting tedious ... I waited until the new person
       still on the job 3 months later, before making the move.  We also have
       a coding system in our customers ... which person handles the
       marketing, customer service, engineering, QC, etc.  .... It worked
       fine until I was told to replace "K" for "Kathy with "M" for "Marcy"
       ... I said that "K" for "Marcy works fine for me ... no they had to
       have it changed ... well it was easy to change codes in the data base,
       a bit more of a hassle to track down all the software that was hard
       coded.
     *  to populate the old user message queue ... I have certain
       responsibilities to do stuff in the evening after end users done
       certain things that day, but they never tell me, so I modified what
       they do, to send me a message whenever they do it ... when I leave the
       company, there will be lots of stuff like that for the next IT guy to
       have to deal with.  It is not just me ... an abundance of other people
       need to know when something is done, because the job steps are
       segmented ... finish this before do that, with different people
       managing the different steps.  It is hard enough teaching people to
       use their message queue, let alone generic ones.
     * I do not know the right terminology for this, but we have some deals
       where at close of day business, some job runs, and copies some file to
       someone PC ... this is more likely to bomb when the person using that
       file inherits the process, then gets the PC upgraded
     * There's a secondary or terciary security system.  BPCS uses user-id to
       control what software they may access, and the menus have who may
       connect to those menus.  We have Windoze based e-mail accounts & who
       may access which network folders.
     * We also have work stations named after person name ... from home I
       sign on with ALHOMEA ALHOMEB etc., a similar algorithm for office gear
       assigned to me.
     * There may be work in progress that is in some work file, work member,
       data structure, or whatever, where part of the naming is the user or
       work station.

     Okay, as far as I know there is no way to rename a user profile.  If I
     wanted to do the equivalent, I would have to create a new user profile
     just
     like the old owner profile, and then move all objects owned by the one
     profile to the new profile.  I'd also have to make sure that any *AUTLs
     the
     original profile existed in now had the new profile.

     Any other steps?  Has anybody ever automated this process and want to
     share
     some hints?  The more I look at it, the more difficult it looks.

     Joe

     list