Hi Pat,

        I agree with your "idea" about wdsci being 'broke' to some degree.
And believe me when I say that I understand the frustration that can result
from using this sometimes quirky software.  However, I have to get from
point a to point b every day and I have found that wdsci is the quickest
path between.  I liken it to comparing an antiquated model A and a Souped
up, if quirky, hotrod.  The model A will get you there, but if you can deal
with the quirks, the hotrod will get you there a whole lot faster.<smile>

        Once you get on the latest version and spend the learning time it
really does start saving development time.  The crashes and weird behavior
of the previous versions have largely disappeared on the latest version.  Is
it perfect? NO.  But it is Much improved and eminently useable.  It was a
real trial for me to pick it up, and I still go back to pdm for a few things
though that list gets smaller every day...

        Just locating all of its functionality and getting it down enough to
make use of it is a daunting task up front, but if you use it daily the
really handy things pop up on this list and will soon be incorporated into
your regular practice.  It *is* very different and that is a large part of
the up-front cost of learning to use it - but it does pay off... (for me at
least)<smile>

P.S. it has been a long time since I have lost any work due to crashes and
the latest version auto-saves if it should crash... (which it hasn't <knock
on wood> for me)

Regards,

Rick DuVall
Systems Manager
Dealer's Auto Auction of Okc
1028 S. Portland
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
(405) 947-2886
rick@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.nothingisreal.com/dfki/no-word

On Behalf Of Pat Barber

I have no problem with the "idea" but I do have a problem with the poorly
written product that has been around for several years at this point.(WDSc)

It continues to suffer from major software "glitches" that everybody seems
to accept as a "perfectly acceptable" thing in the our brave new world.

I agree with the concept, but the current solution is unacceptable. I can
not believe that the current crop of programmers who write code for a living
are willing to put up with the WDSc nonsense called a program.

I have always believed that there has to be a better solution than SEU and
PDM but until I see this better solution in a working mode, I'll use the
older methods.

I would be called "old school" but I was always trained and taught that
programs were written to work every single time the exact same way. If they
didn't, they were broke.