Hi Bruce

We do something similar with Vision (hmm - I guess that's kind of almost iTera now):

When the end of day process starts, it sends an OMS remote command (command supplied as part of Vision package) to the HA Target box to start the backup after all journal entries up to the current entry have been applied. Apply the journal entries, run the backup, re-start the apply process. All the time the remote journal entries are stacking up waiting for the apply process to be restarted.

Rob: journal receivers can be backed up while in use; changing them before doing so is a good idea. You might want to check whether you temporarily need to pause the HA software while you change the receivers if you are doing this on the HA source machine; DataMirror Transformation Server doesn't like to have the receivers messed with while it's sending stuff to another machine. Dpends which machine you are doing the back up I guess.

Regards
Evan Harris