but now he calls the program (which is in prod) and it brings an error
(MCH4431). translation: Invalid programsignature.

it seems that the program tries to call the procedures from the
serviceprogram in test (which is in libl before prod).

This isn't any different from any other situation where the library list is used. IF he tried to open a file that exists in both test and prod, he'd get the one in test because it's higher in his library list. If he tried to access a display file, same problem. Call a program, same problem, read a data area, same problem.

That's just how library lists work, they find objects in order of the libraries listed in the library list. If you want to access the one in the production library, either specify the library name explicitly, or remote the test library from the library list!

how can this dilemma be solved? is the only way out the use of the
binder language? that seems a lot more development overhead than having
a binding directory.

Binder language controls the signature(s) that are associated with a service program. Binding directories tell a program where to find service programs or modules so that they can find a particular subprocedure.

The two serve very different purposes. You can't replace binder language with a binding directory or vice-versa!

Furthermore, binder language does NOT require any significant overhead. Binder language consists of 3 fields that you can set, followed by a list of exported subprocedures. That's it: 3 fields, and a list. For someone who is familiar with binder language, it requires almost no time. I've been using them for 10 years now, and have written more than 1000 service programs. I think the total time I spent working with binder language over those 10 years is under an hour. I don't mean 1 hour per project -- I mean 1 hour total for everything I've done in 10 years.

The amount of time that binder language SAVES, however... It has easily saved me more than 500 hours of time, because I can keep my service programs backward compatible, and therefore can avoid recompiling programs everytime the service program, a file definition, etc, changes. Binder language is one of the simplest tools in the world of ILE, and one of the ones that has saved me the most development time!