Hi,

here are the links fort he redbooks Elvis suggested:
SQL Performance Diagnosis on IBM DB2 Universal Database for iSeries
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246654.html?Open

Modernizing IBM eServer iSeries Application Data Access - A Roadmap
Cornerstone
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246393.html?Open

Preparing for and Tuning the SQL Query Engine on DB2 for i5/OS
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246598.html?Open

Database performance and query optimization
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/rzajq/rzajq.pdf

and there is also an other redbook that may help:
DB2 Universal Database for iSeries Administration: The Graphical Way on V5R3
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246092.html?Open

there are also some labs:
Mastering SQL Performance with Visual Explain - V5R3 Update
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/enable/site/education/abstracts/2dc6_abs.html

Analyzing DB2 for i5/OS Performance with the V5R4 SQL Plan Cache & Visual
Explain
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/enable/site/education/abstracts/e526_abs.html

Birgitta