From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 3:23 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Service Tool IP Address

Well in theory Navigator has either the hardcoded code address or a DNS
name in the cfg that is uses for all functions. It then just uses the
different 'ports' for different functions. So a request for a straight
Telnet session functional would go to x.x.x.x:23 and your services is
doing the x.x.x.x:3000.

I assume You have put a 'name' in the Navigator config and not a
hardcoded IP. So open a DOS cmd window and PING that name from your PC
and verify the IP that it PINGs. They use  TRACERT 'servername'  to see
the route that data us using to get to that IP. Assuming that your PC
and i5 are on the same subnet TRACERT should return just  1 hop. If it
returns more than that, then the data is going through 1 or more
routers/firewalls. If that is the case port 3000 is not being allowed to
pass some where in the chain of hops.

If for some reason the PING is not returning the correct address then
check to see if there is a entry hiding in your PC's HOSTS file. Another
test if you are using a name in Navigator, change it to be the hardcoded
IP address you are try to connect to and see what happens.