Another technology upgrade that you may consider is EDI.  Depending on
the trading partner, if they already support edi, etc. This could prove
very fruitful.

"Jones, John (US)" <John.Jones@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/27/2006 12:05:14 PM

Rob, I agree.  Any decent data-entry person could type that waaaay
faster than saying it.  Really, 10-12K keystrokes/hour compares quite
favorably to how many words per hour someone can speak, especially
when
that part number is 10 keystrokes to type and 10 words to say.

Typing for the most part requires no additional training.  Typing is
immune to accents.  Typing is immune to head colds and other things
that
impact the quality of the spoken word.  Typing isn't subjected to
interference from background noise.

Jim, I'd think OCR would be a better technology upgrade than voice.
Here, we OCR in invoices and whatnot.  The data entry folks then
verify
the scan and make minor corrections as necessary.

John A. Jones, CISSP
Americas Information Security Officer
Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc.
V: +1-630-455-2787 F: +1-312-601-1782