Hi Douglas

We don't use Apache on the 400, but do use it on a Windows server and use
virtual domains to run multiple sites.  The following is an example of our
virtual hosts settings:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.mydomain.com:80
    ServerAlias mydomain.com *.mydomain.com
    ServerAdmin webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/mydomain"
    Alias /webmail "C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/htdocs/webmail/mydomain/"
    ErrorLog logs/mydomain_errors.log
    CustomLog logs/mydomain.log combined env=!dontlog
    ErrorDocument 400 /400error.html
    ErrorDocument 401 /401error.html
    ErrorDocument 403 /403error.html
    ErrorDocument 404 /404error.html
</VirtualHost>

To handle sub-domains, such as "webmail.mydomain.com" we use cloaked web
forwarding through our DNS provider so that "webmail.mydomain.com" forwards
to "www.mydomain.com/webmail" as defined in the Alias setting above.

Hope it helps

Jonathan