Is there something I need to shut down before SAV?
V5R4 - this is 1st save after release upgrade that was not a dedicated system.
(have not started any WDS or Eclipse functions that I know of.
Have not had this problem on other V5R4 systems.

5705 - SAV DEV('/QSYS.LIB/TAP01.DEVD') OBJ(('/*') ('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT)
  ('/QDLS' *OMIT)) SAVACT(*YES) SAVACTOPT(*NONE) ENDOPT(*UNLOAD)
  UPDHST(*YES)
Object in use.  Object is
  /QIBM/UserData/Eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.applicationlock.
Cannot open object
  /QIBM/UserData/Eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.applicationlock.
Object in use.  Object is
  /QIBM/UserData/Eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.tomcat/c
  atalina.2006-11-19.log.
Cannot open object
  /QIBM/UserData/Eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.tomcat/c
  atalina.2006-11-19.log.
Ownership of object QZLSCKSVR in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
40703 blocks processed for sequence 401, volume IBMIRD, on device TAP01.
107969 objects saved. 2 not saved.
Function check. CPF3837 unmonitored by NITSAV at statement 5705,
  instruction X'0055'.
CPF3837 received by NITSAV at 5705. (C D I R)

jim franz