There is no connection between the job you are in and a submitted job - you need to retrieve the message you get when you submit the job - the message that tells you the job name, user, and number of the submitted job. Or you could use the list jobs API, but that is harder.

And I don't know what you mean when you say a job ID changes when it is running - that will never happen - so get that message and you should be good to go - no need to use the internal.

HTH
Vern