ALWAYS FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!

That's why they are there.  In most cases it won't matter if you do the
cume or groups first, in some it will.  If getting it right on the first
try is important to you, RTFM.

After an upgrade it's USUALLY cume first then groups.  But sometimes
there are special prereqs.  If your'e missing those you will probably
end up doing the cume twice.  In a non-upgrade situation doing the
groups first MIGHT save you two minutes of your time.  Or it might cost
you a couple of months while you figure out how to remove the defective
HIPER LIC PTF that automatically permanantly applied itself.

Forgive me for making the assumtion that if someone didn't read the
instructions for the cume that they probably didn't check the defective
PTF list either.

FFI:
http://search400.techtarget.com/expert/KnowledgebaseAnswer/0,289625,sid3
_gci1102658,00.html

Current group and cumulative PTF documentation is always here:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.nsf/ALLPSPBYREL

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator