To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: Unattended IPL not running

Job schedule entries will only run once.  I don't know how they do it - it
just works.  Even if you had it at 01:45, which, in theory, occurs twice
that night.  It will only run once.

Which brings us back to "adjustment".  I think others are right and that
"adjustment" ( the slow creep instead of an actual switch back in time) is
not how this is done.  Because I remember getting quite drilled on this
list last spring that even though the time does occur twice the job
schedule entries will only occur once.
And, in the spring, when the time is skipped, it will still run the job
schedule entries.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/27/2006 04:26 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Unattended IPL not running

Do you have the qtimzon and qutcoffset system values set up
to have the system change system time (V5r3 or V5r4)?
If so,
So what happens when the ipl scheduled at 2:00am?
I am assuming it's like this:
01:59:56
01:59:57
01:59:58
01:59:59
01:00:00  (system sets time back 1 hour)
01:00:01
59 minutes later
01:59:58
01:59:59
02:00:00 and job scheduler starts job to pwrdwnsys *restart *yes
ipl

jim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Grizzly Malchow" <grizzlym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>