#1 DSPLIND on your i5/OS Line Description. Obseve rhe CURRENT line sped and duplex settings. #2 Log into your switch and observe the reported speed and duplex settings for the port the i5 is in.

I) They *MUST match.
II) They *MUST be the same
II) They *MUST identical.

If they are not, then Force them to be so. If it means going back to *HALF duplex then that's a lot better than what you are getting.

If all is good between the switch and your i then check connections between that switch and the one you are connected to.

If I can get 7000KBps from Frankie then anyone should be able to do that well!!

- larry

ps: If you have Cisco or Dell switches and the settings are Auto on both the switch and your i then you likely have a mismatch and that will indeed cause this much slowdown.

Pete Helgren wrote:
I have several large files that I created in the IFS that I am now downloading to my PC using FTP. I files that I am downloading from the System i are clocking in a 38.5 Kbytes/sec, which seems pretty slow to me since the Ethernet line is configured at 100M and is set for full duplex. I am on a 100 mb LAN and have been downloading files all morning from the Internet at between 500 and 750 KB/sec.

Why would I be able to download from the Internet faster than from the System i? Downloads should scream locally, don't you think?

Pete Helgren