Aaron Bartell has a set of APIs which is mainly focussed on Web Services,
but I think could work well for simply parsing and composing
(http://rpg-xml.com/index.htm).

[Vendor disclaimer - Don't read beyond here if vendors in forums make you
sick ;-)]

Thanks for the mention Adam.  Geir, as mentioned my company has recently
released a product called RPG-XML Suite (announced at COMMON Mpls 2006) that
is used to facilitate all aspects of RPG web services. You can offer web
services on your iSeries for other programmers to make requests of as well
as calling remote web services. The product can be found at www.rpg-xml.com.

Regarding your specific need, RPG-XML Suite isn't a "convert this table into
XML" type tool. Most times there is business logic needing to be done before
data can be extracted/imported and that is where RPG-XML Suite comes in.

I have a need for converting incoming XML-files to DB2-files on the AS/400.

RPG-XML Suite is a perfect fit for this.  Essentially what you would do is
create an RPG program sitting under the HTTP server that uses the RPG-XML
Suite API's to:
1. receive in the XML
2. parse the XML
3. write the request data to your PF's
4. and then use RPG-XML Suite to compose and write a response to the
requester.

I also want to send DB2-files in XML-format.

RPG-XML Suite can also be used for this.  Basically you would use RPG-XML
Suite to compose your XML, send it to the remote service waiting for the
XML, receive the XML response, parse the XML response, and write the
response data to your PF's.

Feel free to contact me offline with any questions or if you are looking for
professional services: aaron@xxxxxxxxxxx

If RPG-XML Suite provides more RPG integration than you are looking for and
you would still rather have a "raw" dump of a table to XML, you should take
a look at Linoma's Transfer Anywhere product
(http://www.linomasoftware.com/modx/products/transferanywhere).  I haven't
used it myself, but the guys sure are good to work with!

On a side note if you have RPG programmers in house that are looking to
learn more about web service technologies, I am doing an online conference
titled "SOAP, WSDL, HTTP, XML, XSD, DTD, UDDI - what the?" this Wednesday:
http://www.systeminetwork.com/rpgandbeyond/

Hope that helps,
Aaron Bartell
RPG-XML Suite