bob
The call to clp will kill performance in large batch process...

From 1992.... call the subroutine $date6 - it converts (in rpg) date to
julian and
does date calc. This works for 20th, 21st century dates.
(this and other subroutines were the beginning of our y2k work)

jim franz

use font courier new  10 to get this lined up.
C*****************************************************************
C** $DATE6 - CALC # DAYS BETWEEN TWO DATES (CCYYMMDD)
C*
C* EXAMPLE            Z-ADDXXXXXX    #6#DA1           NEWEST
C*                    Z-ADDYYYYYY    #6#DA2           OLDEST
C*                    EXSR $DATE6
C*                    Z-ADD#6#DA3    ZZZZZZ
C* HISTORY
C*     Date    by   PROJ     Description of Modifications Made
C*   11/24/92  JLF  V1.00  - WRITTEN
C*
C**************************************************************************
C** $DATE6 - CALC # DAYS BETWEEN TWO DATES (CCYYMMDD)
C**************************************************************************
C*
C** FIELDS
C** #6#DA1 - 1ST DATE (CCYYMMDD)                      INPUT   8.0
C** #6#DA2 - 2ND DATE (CCYYMMDD)                      INPUT   8.0
C** #6#DA3 - DAYS BETWEEN TWO DATES                   OUTPUT  6.0
C** #6JULA - HOLD FIELD FOR 1ST DATE IN JULIAN        WORK    6.0
C** #6JULB - HOLD FIELD FOR 2ND DATE IN JULIAN        WORK    6.0
C**
CSR         $DATE6    BEGSR
C**
C** DEFINE INPUT/OUTPUT FIELDS
C                     Z-ADD#6#DA1    #6#DA1  80
C                     Z-ADD#6#DA2    #6#DA2  80
C                     Z-ADD#6#DA3    #6#DA3  60
C**
C** GET 1ST DATE JULIAN
C                     Z-ADD#6#DA1    #9JUL1
C                     EXSR $DATE9
C                     Z-ADD#9JUL2    #6JULA  60
C** GET 2ND DATE JULIAN
C                     Z-ADD#6#DA2    #9JUL1
C                     EXSR $DATE9
C                     Z-ADD#9JUL2    #6JULB  60
C** CALC # DAYS DIFFERENCE
C           #6JULA    SUB  #6JULB    #6#DA3
C**
CSR                   ENDSR

C*****************************************************************
C* @DATE9 - Convert CCYYMMDD TO JULIAN DATE
C*          BREAKDOWN DATE INTO SEPERATE FIELDS
C*
C* EXAMPLE            Z-ADDXXXXXX    #9JUL1           CCYYMMDD
C*                    EXSR $DATE9
C*                    Z-ADD#9JUL2    ZZZZZZ           JULIAN#
C* HISTORY
C*     Date    by   PROJ     Description of Modifications Made
C*   11/24/92  JLF  V1.00  - WRITTEN
C*
C*******************************************************************
C** $DATE9 - CALCULATE JULIAN DATE
C*******************************************************************
C*
C** FIELDS
C** #9JUL1 - DATE (CCYYMMDD) TO CALC JULIAN           INPUT   8.0
C** #9JUL2 - JULIAN DATE                              OUTPUT  6.0
C** #9MM   - MONTH                                    WORK    2.0
C** #9DD   - DAY                                      WORK    2.0
C** #9CCYY - CENTURY & YEAR                           WORK    4.0
C** #9MMDD - MONTH & DAY                              WORK    4.0
C** #9LEAP - # LEAP YEARS                             WORK    2.0
C** #9REMN - IF A LEAP YEAR                           WORK    2.0
C**
C           $DATE9    BEGSR
C**
C** DEFINE FIELDS
C                     Z-ADD#9JUL1    #9JUL1  80       CCYYMMDD
C                     Z-ADD#9JUL2    #9JUL2  60
C**
C** CALCULATE JULIAN DATE
C                     MOVEL#9JUL1    #9CCYY  40
C                     MOVEL#9JUL1    #9CC    20
C                     MOVE #9CCYY    #9CYY   30
C           #9CC      IFEQ 20
C                     MOVEL1         #9CYY
C                     ELSE
C                     MOVEL0         #9CYY
C                     END
C                     MOVE #9JUL1    #9MMDD  40
C                     MOVEL#9MMDD    #9MM    20
C                     MOVE #9MMDD    #9DD    20
C** MAKE MONTHS 3-12 INTO 4-13
C           #9MM      IFGT 02
C                     ADD  1         #9MM
C                     ELSE
C** TRANSFORM MONTHS 1-2 INTO 14-15 OF PREVIOUS YEAR
C                     ADD  13        #9MM
C                     SUB  1         #9CYY
C                     END
C** CONVERT YEARS TO DAYS
C           #9CYY     MULT 365.25    #9JUL2
C** CONVERT MONTHS TO DAYS
C           #9MM      MULT 30.6      #9MMDD
C** SUBTRACT MATHEMATICAL TRANSFORMATION AS DAYS
C                     SUB  63        #9MMDD
C                     ADD  #9MMDD    #9JUL2
C** ADD DAYS OF MONTH
C                     ADD  #9DD      #9JUL2
C**
C                     ENDSR

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob O." <otis_the_cat@xxxxxxxxxxx>