Just a note for those registering exit programs - *SECADM authority is
required when you are registering an exit program any signon-related
exit point.

Joe,

Did you give *PUBLIC at least *USE rights to the library your exit
program is in and to the exit program itself?  Also, does your exit
program's ownership and authority scheme take into consideration the
user profile being used by the FTP server?

Joe Pluta wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, Rich.  As it turns out, though, the
original issue was one of special authority.  You need *SECADM rights
to register an exit point.  As far as I can make out, the two
different exit points deal with different things.  The QTMF_CLIENT_REQ

and QTMF_SERVER_REQ points allow you to deal with every FTP request in

a session.  The QTMF_SVR_LOGON points allow you to specifically handle

the FTP logon.  Once I had *SECADM I was able to successfully register

the exit point.

Now, however, I run into another issue.  My exit point writes to a
file, and I'm getting a CPF4104 error on that file when I run the exit

point.  For testing I granted *PUBLIC *ALL authority, and I still get
the error.  Worse, the error is "handled" by the FTP job and it simply

terminates, without giving me a chance to debug.  It doesn't even
leave a joblog.  The only place I see the error is in the QSYSOPR
message queue.

Anybody run into this?

Joe

From: Rich Loeber

There are several FTP exit points in V5R2, which one are you using?

If memory serves me right, there are three and the first two are
there just for backward
compatibility with earlier versions of the OS.  Make sure you're
registering to
the third point.  That may be the reason.