To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: sndptford and dvd vs xmit

I have yet another "new" experience with getting ptf's from Fix Central.
Ordered the most recent CUME for v5r3; at the prompt where media type is
stipulated, I checked off CD.  You're required to also check off the FTP
option. So, I figure it's so big; I'll be getting a CD shipment. Boy, was
I wrong.  Eight image files on the FTP site; they were whoppers!  And the
fun begins when hours/days later you find out one or more of the files are
corrupted (when verifying the image catalog).  I had to place the order
twice; 48 hours ain't enough time to snag those puppies.

I figure the next time I want a CUME, I'll go the SNDPTFORD route, but after
what I've read I'm not so sure!

Buzz Fenner
Systems Analyst/Network Administrator
City Water & Light
870.930.3374
mailto:bfenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

message: 3
date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:55:13 -0400
from: ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: sndptford and dvd vs xmit

I've never seen it work that way, but have seen a few postings in the last
few weeks that mention something similar.  I've always gotten the message
that the PTF or group wasn't available electronically.  I've never seen a
setting for this other than the one within the Fix Central web page.

            "Jim Franz"
            <franz400@xxxxxxx
            r.com>                                                     To
            Sent by:                  <MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
            midrange-l-bounce                                          cc
            s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                  Subject
                                      sndptford and dvd vs xmit
            09/12/2006 11:20
            AM

            Please respond to
            Midrange Systems
                Technical
               Discussion
            <midrange-l@midra
                nge.com>

I did a sndptford with link type *any, and ordered several groups.
Was expecting a dvd shipment, as it did the last time I ordered
same groups, and for the cume I had ordered earlier today.
It started downloading a 196 meg file (over fractional T1),
about 25 minutes. Would never have run during production time if
I knew it would choose to download. Where can I control what an
acceptable download size is, or is that in IBM's control?

Jim Franz

_

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com
_

ForwardSourceID:NT000518EA