Sounds like a security issue on the cluster server.

If the program on the Windows Server runs as a Windows Service, make sure
that you set the correct Windows User ID/Password for the service and ONLY
use UNC paths because Windows services cannot see mapped drive letters.

You also need to make sure that the Windows User ID/Password match exactly
with a corresponding iSeries User/Password unless you have set up a guest
share on the iSeries.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!"
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 898-3038
Fax: (952) 898-1781
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

------------------------------

message: 7
date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:32:16 -0500
from: "Bruce Collins" <bruce@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Mapping An iSeries IFS Folder to an Windows 2003 Server with
                 Clustering

I know this is a long shot but what the hey.

I have written a C# program to pull files from the IFS and process them on
Windows Server. This Server is clustered using Microsoft Cluster 5.2. If I
run the program in a DOS prompt it works great. But if I let the program
that is in the cluster run my program it cannot see the mapped drive. I
have
even tried using the UNC to access it but no luck. I was wondering if
anyone
has done anything like this.

Thanks

Hoss