From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 9:22 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: HMC Save Critical Console Data

Alright... fixes are done without too much trouble (the Infocenter
updates were LONG downloads), but my 'Save Critical Console Data'
operation still goes to the DVD and runs for hours with the light
flashing.  I've got a PMR open on it and will hopefully go further with
IBM on the issue today.

Anyone ever run into problems with this HMC save?

             rob@xxxxxxxxx

             Sent by:

             midrange-l-bounce
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Midrange Systems Technical

                                       Discussion

                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

             09/07/2006 11:10
cc
             AM

Subject
                                       Re: HMC Save Critical Console
Data
             Please respond to

             Midrange Systems

                 Technical

                Discussion

             <midrange-l@midra

                 nge.com>

Yes.  Get the fixes.  It's cool.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/07/2006 09:51 AM
Please respond to

Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> cc

Subject
HMC Save Critical Console Data

 Has anyone run into a problem where the Save Critical Console Data
function runs for a long time and seems to not complete?  I'm trying to
run an initial backup of our new HMC and the first 2 saves have behaved
this way (the first one (18hours+) was due to an unformatted DVD, but
the second one was freshly formatted from the HMC for backup/restore(I
ended it and rebooted at around 4 hours).  Support has suggested that I
load MH00695, MH00746, MH00688, and MH00822, but i'd really like to get
a backup completed before loading HMC fixes (which will also be a first
for me).

Any ideas on why the process might not be completing?  It gives the
following status:

Backup starting...
Generating the list of files to archive...
Number of files to archive is: 1541
Creating archive file...
Offloading archive file...

At this point the DVD drive light is blinking every so often.

_____

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by
MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com
_____

ForwardSourceID:NT00051122

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail communication, including attachments, is
covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is
confidential, and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient or believe you received this communication in error, please reply to
the sender indicating that fact and delete the copy you received.  In addition,
retention, dissemination, distribution, copying, or otherwise use of the
information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited.  Thank you.