Thanks Mark for the info. That'll get me going. I'll use the
os400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list next time.

Thanx again, PLA

On 9/10/06, Mark Phippard <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mark Phippard <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 09/10/2006 01:21:52 PM:

> midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 09/10/2006 11:47:09 AM:
>
> > I just installed Subversion for OS/400 from
> > http://www.softlanding.com/subversion/index.htm. Thanks Mark Phippard
> > for providing this.  I've run through the setup several times trying
> > to get the repositories setup the way I want them. I want a repository
> > for each project. I also want the recommended trunk, tags, and
> > branches subdirectories setup. Below is what I tried. When I browse
> > the repository with Firefox I don't see the TTB directories. All I see
> > is "Revision 0: /". I was trying to match what is shown on page 20 of
> > the PDF doc provided with the save file.  How should I be setting up
> > the TTB directories?

> better to post there.
>
> Think of the Subversion repository as a database.  You cannot just add
> folders or files in the same IFS location that the repository happens to

> be stored.  You have to use a Subversion client to manipulate the
> repository.
>
> If you want to do it all from a CL program, the easiest way to use the
> client, is via QSH command.  For example:

By the way, the source for the OS/400 commands we provide, like CRTSVNREP,
is included in the SUBVERSION library.  Those commands have to use the
same techniques I just described, except they are using the SVNADMIN
program.  I eventually plan to add commands that perform SVN client
functions, like mkdir, checkout etc...  If you want to contribute code for
commands like that, just send me the source, or send it to the os400
mailing list I mentioned previously.

You could make a "CRTSVNDIR" command and then just use that command in
your CL program.

Mark