From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Richter
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:53 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Steve's soapbox was: Performance of ODBC vs. other access
methods

On 9/6/06, rob@xxxxxxxxx <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Man Steve you'll twist anything around just to turn it into a soapbox
for
your "sell the i5 at p5 prices" speech won't you?

there's a problem with that?  I actually cut it short. The tedious
seque is that because the sales people slow the system down, the db2
engineers dont have the cpu cycles needed to keep track of what
indexex are being rebuilt to satisy a query on a frequent basis and
which are not.

The bottom line is i5/OS is, on the whole, no better than AIX or
Linux. I think people should actually stop buying it until IBM sells
it for the same price as the p5.

-Steve