Hello List,

I am attempting to use the V5R3 EIM configuration wizard.  I am able to
enter all information, and when there is a Verify button, it verifies
successfully.  However, at the end when the Configuration in Progress
window appears, I am receiving the following error:

Error occurred while creating domain EIM.  Error occurred calling function
ldap_add_s on iSeries server, return code: 32 Name not found in directory.

The "Wizard User for Configuration" is cn=administrator with the password
as specified in the LDAP server and is verified.
The "OS/400 EIM system user" is also cn=administrator with the password as
specified in the LDAP server and is verified.

I also find the following error in my LDAP server job log:

GLD0433 Search operation could not be performed.  (Severity 40)
Cause . . . . . :   The requested search operation could not be performed
due to an unsupported scope, base, or filter specified in a search request
within the suffix defined for system objects.  The reason code was 6.
Reason codes and their meanings are as follows:  1 - The filter is either
a "greater than or equal," "less than or equal," "approximate," or complex
filter containing an OR (|) which is not supported.  2 - The filter
contained multiple occurrences of AND (&) or NOT (!).  Only one occurrence
of each is allowed.  3 - The filter was a complex filter that is not
supported.  4 - The filter contained an attribute that is not allowed in
the filter.  The only attributes allowed in an "equality" filter are
OBJECTCLASS, OS400-PROFILE, and OS400-GID.  The only attribute allowed in
a "substring" filter is OS400-PROFILE.  The only attributes allowed in a
"presence" filter are OBJECTCLASS and OS400-PROFILE.  5 - The wildcard was
specified incorrectly in a "substring" filter.  The wildcard must be
positioned in the last character of the filter string.  6 - The filter
specified is not supported for the search request.  When the base is the
suffix defined for system objects, the filter must be either
(OBJECTCLASS=*), (OBJECTCLASS=OS400-ROOT), (OBJECTCLASS=CONTAINER), or
(OBJECTCLASS=OS400-USRPRF).  When requesting base scope when the base is
the entry indicating projected users which is "CN=ACCOUNTS," followed by
the suffix defined for system objects, the filter must be either
(OBJECTCLASS=*), (OBJECTCLASS=CONTAINER), or (OBJECTCLASS=OS400-USRPRF).
When requesting one-level or subtree scope when the base is the entry
indicating projected users and OBJECTCLASS is specified as the search
filter attribute, the filter must either be an "equality" filter with
CONTAINER or OS400-USRPRF specified as the value to be compared or the
filter must be a "presence" filter.  When the base is a distinguished name
indicating a projected user, the filter must be either
(OBJECTCLASS=OS400-USRPRF), (OBJECTCLASS=*), or
(OS400-PROFILE=profile-value) where profile-value is the attribute value
for the OS400-PROFILE attribute for this projected user. Recovery  . . . :
  Correct the scope, base, or filter as specified for the reason code and
try the request again.

Any ideas as to the error of my ways?

Regards,
Penny Lancor