I agree the Support Search is different. The docs must have their own keywords or search phrases. My problem is with the general ibm.com site
jim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vernon Hamberg" <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 1:45 AM
Subject: Re: ibm dot com search in System i pages

Jim - I find the search at the iSeries support page to be far
superior to anything else on IBM's sites - it shows that someone at
IBM can do it right - give it a shot.

At 09:31 PM 8/23/2006, you wrote:

I have never been a fan of IBM's website search, often not finding
what I know is there.
I was looking for the page of IBM ads  with customer's talking about
how much they love the iSeries (System i) for a specific ad. I tried
the customer's company name (a single word that would be fairly
unique, no special characters - not found. I tried the Business
Partner's name and the search result page had 9 links with a short
paragraph under each link. But none of the paragraphs had much to do
with the BP, and it made it appear this BP was responsible for what
many other companies had done, and linked them to other customer
stories they had nothing to do with. Someone's web crawler had
lumped and scrambled much of this together into semi-sensible
phrases that were very wrong. Did the view-source for the page and
html was normal and not at all like search results.
I tried several other search attempts and either got no search
results (for names that are clearly on the page) or scrambled descriptions.
It's kind of sad when one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the
world can't do "search".
jim