Eduard Spanninger wrote:

In format Qdb_Qdbfh, positions 68 to 69 (counting begins at zero) is field
Qaaf2 (additional attribute flags); bit 4 (counting also begins at zero) of
the second byte should by ON if it is the a DDM file. But this bit always
is OFF: b'0001 0000'.

I think you should be looking at b'0000 1000'.  If it is bit 4 starting
from 0 and counting from the left, the bits would be numbered like this:
   b'0123 4567'

Looking in the QSYSINC/H QDBRTVFD file, the Qaaf2 structure ends with
these two fields:

         unsigned  Qdbfdisf:1;     /* File is distributed indicator.
         unsigned  Reserved_119:3; /* Reserved.                     */