To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:05 AM
Subject: RE: Managing SMTP jobs

Hi Clare,

I am not an SMTP expert, nor do I play one on TV, but here are some things
to think about:

1. Is one or more of your boxes an open relay? ie accepting incoming email
from outside then passing it on. Searching midrange archives for "open
relay"  should show you how to identify and stop this.
2. Is there some mail "stuck" in SMTP? Try a cold restart, STRMSF
MSGOPT(*CLEAR) when there should be no pending emails.
3. Are you using SNDDST, qtmmSendMail, Javamail or roll your own?
4. What OS level is the UK box?
5. Anyone else? Bueller?
Regards,

Kevin Wright