Rick,

I think you may have found the problem! I did see a message in QSYSOPR
with the following info:

                                        Additional Message Information

        Message ID . . . . . . :                CPF3437 Severity . . . . .
. . :           50
        Message type . . . . . :                Information
        Date sent  . . . . . . :   08/13/06      Time sent  . . . . . . :
04:22:03

        Message . . . . :   Writer MOPRNTEK stopped writing file ORD420 at
record 0.
        Cause . . . . . :   Writer MOPRNTEK stopped writing file ORD420
number 1 job
          362301/NIGHTUSR/ORD420MS created on system SXXXXXXX on 08/13/06
02:59:10
          after producing record 0 of the file.

I think the spooled file was still printing when the writer was stopped
and restarted at that time. Maybe the system generated the ASCII version
when it saw this. I will let you all know what happens tonight. Many
thanks Rick.

Nick Franco
Sika IT Dept - Lyndhurst
201-933-8800 Ext 6694
201-508-6694 Direct Dial

Rick_Renkema@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/13/2006 06:24 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion