Thank you very much I will try this.

--- Wayne McAlpine <wayne.mcalpine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I don't believe the AS/400 can act as an e-mail
client, which appears to
be what you are trying to do. BellSouth has given
you a fixed IP address
and I think what you need to do is register a domain
name of your choice
for that IP address and configure DNS on the AS/400.
 Then configure
SMTP using that domain name.

Pugazh wrote:
- I believe I have done all the config correctly
send e-mail but the email does not go out. Can
any
of
you please help?

- I have an I series box that is connected to the
internet directly thro' my isp bellsouth.
This box hosts a website.

- Bellsouth gave me the mail router address -
mail.bellsouth.net also three IP addresses -
those
are
the IP Addresses for the DNS mail server.

- I have the CHGSMTPA set up with mail router as
mail.bellsouth.net

- I have the CFGTCP also done with
mail.bellsouth.net
and the corresponding IP address

- I have these two created as well ADDDIRE
USRID(INTERNET GATEWAY) USRD('Context switching
entry') +

SYSNAME(TCPIP) MSFSRVLVL(*USRIDX)
PREFADR(NETUSRID
*IBM ATCONTXT)

ADDDIRE USRID(QSMTPDMY QSMTPSYS) USRD('QSMTP
user')
+
SYSNAME(TCPIP) MSFSRVLVL(*USRIDX)

- I am not sure if I did this correctly -
CHGTCPDMN
-
I have the host name, What is  a domain name? I
don't
have a domain name ? What is this exactly?
Currently
have it as bellsouth.net.

- CHGDSTA SMTPRTE(INTERNET GATEWAY) - I have this
done.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thnx
SAP

protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Before posting, please take a moment to review the
archives