Hi, Larry:

According to my customer, these files are in the "root" file system.

Thanks,

Mark

> Larry Bolhuis wrote:
Mark,

It may turn out not to be important but in which File system are the
files they update stored in?

We have several machines running at V5R4 and have not seen this problem.

- Larry

Mark S. Waterbury wrote:
Hello:

A customer is telling me that since upgrading from V5R3 to V5R4 a few weeks back, some of their applications that run on a Windows platform and that update the IFS (via access through NetServer as a shared drive) no longer seem to update the file changed date stamps. The file content (data) is changed, but the date-time stamp of when the file was last changed remains the same. Unfortunately, this is causing a problem for some of their applications that run on i5/OS and that check these dates to determine which IFS files have changed.

They tell me that they have the latest CUMe PTFs, etc. applied.

Has anyone else seen anything like this at V5R4?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Mark S. Waterbury