Hi Everyone

I am having a frustrating time with my iSeries at the moment, i520 running V5R3. I need to run Operations Console on it so that I can document a full OS install and the best way for me is via Ops Console so I can take screen prints from the console session.

The problem I am having is that that I keep getting an A6005008 error. The Modem connects as I get a connection message in my task bar, but I do not get any DST signon or 5250 sessions sessions starting.

I have checked that the machine is set to Operations Console using the front panel procedures (You know, the 65, 21, 11 repeat until you get the Operations Console Code) as the machine previously was set to TwinAx, but previous to this I was running Ops Console with a 2793 as the Console card in slot 3.

I am still using a 2793 as the card (I have also tried a 4745) and an 0367 cable going to Com1 (the only com port I have) on my PC.

I have the V5R3 version of iSeries Access installed, and also service pack level SI23492

My PC is running XP service pack 2, and the windows firewall is switched off.

The machine is booting from D M with the V5R3 I_BASE_01 cd installed.

If I take out the 2793 and put in a 2746 it sits at C6004031 but with a 21 on the front panel it goes to the DST prompt no problem, but, once the SLIC is installed and I go to installing the Operating System the screen goes again.

I think I have covered everything, but just to reiterate my problem, my iSeries fails on C6005008 during Operations Console and I am feeling a little low as I really need it up at the moment

All help. No matter how trivial you may think it is, is, as always, greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance all you geniuses

Martin

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb