Joe

From: Darrell A Martin

This doesn't sound right. We have several multi-format logicals built on
physical files with radically different formats. Certain utility setups,
such as DBU in multi-record mode, don't work with such files, but that is
not a problem for the most part.

The original message didn't mention indexes. However, record order is
probably implicit in the question.

I *believe* we are running programs that depend on the order of records in
multi-format logicals. This suggests that these logicals are indeed
indexed (in some way) on values from different files. I would be
interested in the rules if this is not true. It might help solve some
long-term nagging problems.