Mike, starting toward the end of last year IBM decided to automate the
process to apply any Pre-Req PTFs. I think you might have missed a message
that said it was going to take '2' IPLs to get all the PTFs installed. Do
another Normal IPL and the rest should apply this time. Then go back and
do your checks again.

_____________________
Kirk Goins CCNA
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.
IBM Certified i5 Solution Sales
IBM Certified iSeries Solutions Expert
IBM Certified Designing IBM e-business Solutions
Office 503-353-1721 x106 Cell 503-577-9519
kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   www.manageinc.com

Email Response Times:
Same Day Maybe, Next Day Probably

"Smith, Mike" <Mike_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
07/14/2006 11:20 AM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Did i apply my PTFs properly

I don't do a whole lot of PTF's so i'm not always confident in applying
them.  I have a couple of questions.
First is there a guide( haven't seen anything) for managing PTFs'?

Second.
I downloaded CUME c6142530 from Fix Central.  This is the first time that
i didn't get CD's when ordering.
I uploaded the Cume into an Image Catalog.
Go PTF Opt 8 from image catalog.  Everything appears to have gone ok.
      (Part of my reason for applying PTF was because it was suggested i
have newest DB2 PTFS for a                   problem we are having with
Turnover.  I tested the problem and it stills exists.  So i started
looking to determine if my PTFs had infact applied.  )

did a Go LicPgm  opt 50  I see this
PTF installation process started.
Apply PTF started.
Applying of PTFs for product 5722999 completed successfully.
Applying of PTFs completed.
PTFs applied or removed during IPL.

However if i do this
WRKPTFGRP i see that
PTF Group
SF99530   not applied
SF99529   not applied
SF99503   not applied

As i understand it these are what should be with c6142530

So that leaves me a little confused.
Have i missed a step?
Any guidance greatly appreciated.