Don't sort by the 3 fields.  You'll probably not get the answer you want.
Instead sort on a true date field created by the combination thereof as
displayed in the following:
 5722QU1  V5R4M0  060210         IBM Query for iSeries        GDISYS
6/07/06   16:18:02         Page    1
   Query . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . STEEMA
     Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . QTEMP
   Query text  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
   Query CCSID . . . . . . . . . . . . . .    37
   Query language id . . . . . . . . . . . ENU
   Query country or region id  . . . . . . US
   Collating sequence  . . . . . . . . . . Hexadecimal
   Processing options
     Use rounding  . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes (default)
     Ignore decimal data errors  . . . . . No (default)
     Ignore substitution warnings  . . . . Yes
     Use collating for all compares  . . . Yes
   Special conditions
     *** All records selected by default ***
 Selected files
   ID     File           Library       Member        Record Format
   T01    STEEMA         QTEMP         *FIRST        STEEMA
 Result fields
   Name        Expression                         Column Heading Len  Dec
   MMDDYYC     digits(mm)||'/'||
               digits(dd)||'/'||
               digits(yy)
   MMDDYYDATE  date(mmddyyc)
 Ordering of selected fields
   Field           Sort      Ascending/  Break  Field
   Name            Priority  Descending  Level  Text
   MMDDYYDATE      10        A           1
   STUFF
                                 IBM Query for iSeries 6/07/06   16:18:02
      Page    2
 Report column formatting and summary functions
   Summary functions:  1-Total, 2-Average, 3-Minimum, 4-Maximum, 5-Count
     Overrides
   Field           Summary    Column                                Dec
Null       Dec  Numeric
   Name            Functions  Spacing  Column Headings         Len  Pos
Cap   Len  Pos  Editing
   MMDDYYDATE      5          0        MMDDYYDATE                8   L
   STUFF                      2        STUFF                     5
 Report breaks
   Break  New   Suppress   Break
   Level  Page  Summaries  Text
   1      No    No         Totals for &mmddyydate
 Selected output attributes
   Output type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Display
   Form of output  . . . . . . . . . . . . Summary only
   Line wrapping . . . . . . . . . . . . . No
                 * * * * *    E N D   O F   Q U E R Y   P R I N T   * * *
* *