Hey Steve, your example sounds a little far fetced, getting a contract in
one weeks time, yeah sure. Anyway, there are still 400 jobs.
Just not enough of them and so we don't need the damn h1 workers in the
USA eating up what little jobs there are.
 But your point is to re-train. I agree, but not everyone can. Some of us
have families to support.

When I was out of work for example, I saw no programs that would make
re-training affordable. I am talking about getting a serious training
education.

So I would  apply to 400 jobs around the USA.

There was some interest. If I would have been quicker to relo to Miami for
example, I would have saved myself much aggravation.

But I looked and looked, took part time work, because I still had to eat.

It would pain me to see h1 persons in many of the interviews that I went on.

It's still hard to take the time to retrain when there's still AS/400 jobs
on Dice, Monster, etc...

my view is the people impacted by outsourcing and immigrant competition
are those working in failed industries and failing platforms.  How many
full blooded American .NET and Oracle programmers are complaining about
the guys from Mumbai?  A colleague has been working the last 5 yrs as an
as400 db2 sql programmer. His company has dropped 80% of its workforce and
he just got notice a few weeks ago. Instead of looking for an as400 job of
which there are few he went in the market for Oracle SQL programming.
Despite the fact he has not touched Oracle in 5 yrs he had a decent paying
contract job in 1 weeks time.  Why blame the people in India because IBM
is not investing in its products?

-Steve