How about just storing the IFS path in the table and forget the BLOB thing - you take up no additional space to speak of and even save the space and time it takes to get the BLOB into basically a copy in the IFS. You could even mount a Windows network machine as an NFS server in the IFS. That network machine could be visible directly to the Windows desktop machine. And, yes, it is possible also to mount a Windows box under /QNTC but is rather a small pain to work with - NFS is much simpler.

I might also suggest using RUNRMTCMD instead of STRPCCMD - you have to install the incoming remote command feature of iSeries Access on the PC where you sending the command and optionally set up user and password to it. This is an implementation of the REXEC server. RUNRMTCMD lets you run a longer command string than STRPCCMD.

<vendor>
Or you might want to look at our Office Integrator product - it started out as a replacement for the mail merge that was lost when OfficeVision was dropped. It has much more to it, however. www.rjssoftware.com or call us in the USA at 888.RJS.SOFT or email sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
</vendor>