I did a little digging, both on the recalictrant box and on one on which the *ADMIN server comes up fine.

I did a WRKHTTPCFG on the latter box, and looked to see what files I had a lock on. That led me to the QATM-series files in QUSRSYS.

They're all there, on both boxes. I looked at them in QuestView. They both looked more-or-less valid, to my untrained eye, but the recalcitrant one, however, had references in QATMHINSTA to /QIBM/ProdData/HTTPA/ADMIN/conf/ADMIN-IBM.conf and /QIBM/UserData/HTTPA/ADMIN.

The latter turned out to be a directory, that had an error log file in it. I found references to the server not being able to find itself by its fully-qualified internal domain name.

DUH!

So I added an entry to the list for it.

I still can't WRKHTTPCFG the *ADMIN server on the one box, but I was able to launch it.

But alas, when I tried to open the DCM, (which was the whole point of the exercise in the first place, so that I could try and figure out what was wrong over at the client site, I discovered that there isn't a Cryptographic Access Provider on the machine.

Which eliminates, for the moment, enabling Secure Telnet on that box (but then again, there's no real need to access it from outside), and puts me back to square one on trying to figure out why I can't bring it up on the customer site.

AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

--
JHHL