I fully agree that opening your problems via the web is the way to go!
When you open a problem over the phone the receptionist often takes down
only every 3rd word.  Get's typo's on CPF messages, etc.  Then I call back
and never have to give customer number or machine serial number.  I just
say it is an open ticket and give the ticket number.  I could wait for a
call back, or an email back (depending on what I registered for my
preference) but sometimes I am in an all fire hurry.

Even then sometimes I get stupid questions from the technicians to which I
reply "let me read the pmr to you".  That job's gotta suck.  We had a gent
leave us for a big pay raise to go work those calls.  He came back.  (this
was back before we adjusted a few pay items).