fbocch2595 wrote on 05/08/2006 03:28:21 PM:

> Hi, does DSPAUDJRNE ENTTYP(CO) report on files that are created in
> the IFS?  I'm finding that it does not.
>
> I have a STMF that I know gets deleted and created daily but when I run;
> DSPAUDJRNE ENTTYP(CO) USRPRF(*ALL) JRNRCV(*CURCHAIN) FROMTIME(050706)
>
> I don't get a report on any STMF's.  When I run DSPJRN over this
> same period I am able to see info on the IFS file.
>
> So, DSPAUDJRNE doesn't show CO's for files created in the IFS but
> DSPJRN does?
>
> Anyone know why that is or am I doing something wrong?

The DSPAUDJRNE command has a few limitations. It does not support all types
of audit records, it does not support all fields in those audit records,
and it does not use the newer *TYPE5 files.

I do not know if the reason you are not seeing the CO audit record for the
stream file is that DSPAUDJRNE is somehow skipping this audit record or if
you are not seeing it because DSPAUDJRNE never include the names of
directories and stream files in the reports it produces.

If you are on a V4R4 system I recommend you use the new CPYAUDJRNE command
to copy all the CO audit record information to a physical file. You can
then use whatever tool you wish to select and display columns from that
file. If you are on an earlier release you should first use CRTDUPOBJ
OBJ(QASYCOJ5) FROMLIB(QSYS) OBJTYPE(*FILE) TOLIB(QTEMP) to create a
physical file in QTEMP and then use DSPJRN to copy the CO audit records to
that file. The remaining steps to display the data will be the same as
V4R4.

Ed Fishel,
edfishel@xxxxxxxxxx