From: Bruce Vining <bvining@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:DBCS and the IFS
Date: 2006/5/2 ?? 11:44

Brad,

If you have Chinese characters that you are attempting to convert then 937 is the better way to go. 1175 is a proper subset of the characters found in CCSID 37 (CHRID 697 37) and contains no Traditional Chinese characters. 937 contains the 1175 character set plus the DBCS 935 character set. You will also want to convert to a CCSID other than 819 as that's just ISO Latin 1 (again no Traditional Chinese).

Bruce

"Brad Stone" <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/02/2006 09:40 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: DBCS and the IFS

Thanks Bruce.

It shows the CCSID to use for ASCII (if I'm reading it
right) is 819, but there seems to be some traditional
chinese characters that don't get converted properly from
EBCDIC to ASCII.

Brad

On Tue, 2 May 2006 08:53:12 -0500