I believe one of the main reasons it's perceived as "old" or "legacy" is
because that's what the competition is telling their customers and
prospective customers.  They can't compete in a side-by-side comparison,
so they have to deflect their potential customers away for all of the
System i benefits and advantages by selling them the hype that theirs is
the more modern solution!

Thank you,
Ronald L. Zimmerman
I.T. Applications Manager