Opps Navigator will give a user the same authority he has per his security set
up.

Sign into Opps Navigator as one of your standard users to check.

________________________________

From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Dave Odom
Sent: Tue 25/04/2006 21:18
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Easiest and most functional way to convert selected

Gang,

First, I want to thank ALL those that responded to my questions.

Second, I need to add an addendum to my requirements and some follow-on
questions:

Addendum -   I need the solution to be secure and not require a user be
given authorizations above regular user on System i5.   By this I mean,
I don't want a user of any tool or solution to be able to look at any
other user's spool files or be able to change any spoolfiles to another
printer, etc.,  UNLESS there is some administration to the tool or
solution wherein a userid can be given access to other user's spoolfiles
EXPLICITLY via some sort of auth list.

Follow-on questions -

1.  In the case of a give an end user Operations Navigator(even a
selective install)... First, I thought Ops Navigator was more of a
Systems Programmer, System Operator, QSECOFR type of tool; not an end
user.    Second, if given to an end user what sorts of security can be
placed on the end user to not allow them to see anyone else's
spoolfiles.   Third, can users be granted SELECTED and EXPLICIT access
to another's spoolfiles via some sort of auth list?

2. Which of the solutions mentioned in response to my request for info,
meets the additional requirement of the addendum?

Thanks,

Dave