From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:53 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Constant corruption in DB2-UDB on the i5.

You are right on regarding the CPF3777.  There is a project request to
modify the backup to perform better handling of the CPF3777.  We are
rightfully open to your criticism.

Yes, operations should be tailored to gracefully exit.  I don't know yet

if I want to take responsibility for damaged objects.  I would hope that

some nice error recovery in database would handle all of these, except
perhaps catastrophic disk failure.

I don't believe that we are accessing that ldap directly with any of our

software.  For our use we normally use our Domino driven ldap.  Shutdown

of i5/os ldap currently involves ENDTCP.  Any other suggestions welcome.

Would there be a QHST, or a QSYSMSG, message that would flag when damage

occurs?  That would be nice.  What would that be?