I think your UDF syntax is fine, especially being that you did specify
CALLED ON NULL INPUT.

Perhaps empty parenthesis are not treated as NULL input?
Test it with:
   SELECT ACCTGMONTH(NULL) FROM SYSIBM/SYSDUMMY1
and verify if that's the case or not.

If it is, you'll have to create another wrapper UDF that takes no parameters
and perhaps maps to the original one.

Elvis